How to use a silicone mold of Just-Add-In?
1°/Conditions of use:
The Just-Add-In molds are intended for molding materials used in creative hobbies such as plaster, epoxy resin (Gédéo Pebeo for example), the modeling clay (Fimo, for example), soap, cold porcelain, ...
Thoroughly clean and dry the mold before each use.
We recommend storing the mold in a dry place, away from light, dust and do not drop excessive weight on the mold.
3°/ Terms of elimination:
The user's attention is drawn to the possible existence of local regulations concerning waste treatment silicone.
Would you have any creative ideas?
Visit our blog, you will find tutorials to make yourself your own silicone molds but also ideas for creative crafts from our products.
Do not hesitate to ask for further information, we will seek the information via our network.
How much of your silicone should I use?
It depends on your model. We recommend that you surround your model with 1cm of silicone to make it very resistant to tearing. The amount needed can be calculated as follows: For a model of 4cm3, I have to make a box of 5cm3. Just tell the difference between the volume of the box and the volume of the model.
1cm3 of our silicone weighs 1.5 grams.
Would you have a recipe for cold porcelain?
There are several but here is the one we prefer to use:
- 200g vinyl white glue
- 140 grams of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil (for flexibility)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar (for storage)
How to use your crystal clear resin?
When you purchase, you receive two bottles. The first is the resin. The second is the necessary catalyst for the chemical reaction of the curing of the resin.
- First, protect yourself! Put on gloves before using this product.
- Before opening the bottle, shake to homogenize the product.
- Weigh a thoroughly two times greater than the resin amount cataliseur. For example: 20 grams of resin for to 10 grams of resin catalyst.
- Mix the two products and add your dye.
- Pour the mixture into an appropriate mold because the resin is corrosive.
All our molds are suitable for molding with the epoxy resin sold on thie website.
With what materials can I use the molds Just-Add-In?
- Epoxy resins
- Modeling clays such as FIMO, eraser clay, wax clay,...
- Liquid wax
- All types of plaster: plaster of Paris, polyester plaster ...
- Cold porcelain
- The silicone (but be sure to use a release agent)
Our molds are suitable for molding materials sold on this site! So you can buy with confidence a mold and molding material. No release agent is then required: easy !